Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My experience with IPL (Photo Rejuvenation) Laser!



So, I wanted to experience an IPL treatment and I work for a wonderful plastic surgeon, Gregory D. Lewen, M.D., who does this procedure...so I said why not?  The reason that I wanted to do  IPL (Photo Rejuvenation) Laser is because I have a ton of freckles. I decided to do both my face and my arms!  Do not get me wrong I love my freckles, but at a certain age they are no longer too cute. They just look like sun spots. FAIL! I had the procedure done in the past and wanted to share with you my experience, complete with pictures! Yes I changed my hair color! Which color do you like best?   : ) 

The Day of my procedure:

I applied numbing cream to my entire face and arms. The firs zap felt like a rubber band! After a couple "zaps", I was use to the feeling and was fine. 
My most sensitive areas were nose, upper lip, and hair line. The arms were not painful at all! 
Overall it was very tolerable. After the treatment my face felt totally normal! 

Day 1 after my procedure:

My Face is not red at all! I did notice that some of my freckles are darker. Dr. Lewen explained that this is exactly what should happen! What happens is the light from the laser makes the spots darker so they can flake off. GOODBYE brown spots! They great thing about it this procedure is NO downtime!  I am able to ear make-up and I am thrilled to see these brown spots flake off! 

Day 7 after my procedure:

WOW! I can tell a huge difference with my skin. My freckles are much lighter and I have a beautiful glow! People are asking what I have done to make my skin look so healthy. I love the results! It took about 5 days for all my brown spots on my face to come off. It took longer, about 10 days, for my arms because I had to many freckles! Any questions about the procedure? Feel free to email me at sassysouthernstyler@gmail.com!








No comments:

Post a Comment